Thursday, December 15, 2005

Radio 5 Live etc

Well, trotted along to see Simon Mayo at around 3pm today. It was good. Quite enjoyed it. Really liked the other reviewers - Helen and Joel - dead friendly.

At the end of the interview Joel turned to me and said: "Wow, I didn't know you were the editor of Ouch. It's brilliant! A friend of mine sent me the link recently". This is always really gratifying and makes ya feel you're up to something good. we're definitely doing something new and different and it surprises me constantly that we're the only buggers doing it. Glad to get some recognition.

Before I go any further, I have to admit I am utterly slaughtered. I sank pint after pint tonight. Popped along to meet Kristina's new colleagues at the new place she works at. They're great. A nice evening down in central London.

It's 3 minutes past midnight now. I must go. I've got a package to recieve tomorrow morning from a delivery firm ... fingers X'ed it's early. Christmas depends on the delivery of this item.

Oh and have you been watching Space Cadets? I'm hooked.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Glad to hear that the session on Simon Mayo's show was good and I didn't mean to say that he said anything bad, I probably didn't listen correctly but I enjoyed your review of Stephen Fry's book that's on audiotape. It's strange but I seem to enjoy books like that too Damon! And I'm a sightie!

Have you ever heard of any of Alan Bennett's Talking Heads monologues Damon? They're good too, and they help me a lot if I can't sleep.

Glad you enjoyed your night out too with Kristina and her colleagues. Hope you are okay after it though! With no headaches I mean!

marmiteboy said...

Heard the Mayo programme as I was off sick yesterday. Very enjoyable.

I'm a huge fan of audio books myself. They are great to drive to or do the ironind to, or even better just lie in bed and chill out too.

BloggingMone said...

As I haven't in all those years found a comfortable position to read in bed, I started listening to audio books. I love Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter. At the moment I am listening to Bill Clinton's biography.It is read by himself. His American accent is a bit tiresome as I have to listen more carefully. The strange thing is that when I fall asleep over listening to an audiobook in English, I start dreaming in English. Should be a good way to learn German, Damon.
It is great you have had the opportunity to promote OUCH on radio. Shame Ouchvember is over, otherwise you could have rewarded yourself with a mug!!