Friday, April 08, 2005

Ebay killed my childhood

I love TV nostalgia. Off the back of all this Doctor Who hype I decided to buy a copy of the old 70s sci fi series The Tomorrow People I used to love it! Really love it: Tim, John, Hsu Tai, Stephen, Andrew, the Galactic Trig, jaunting. Such good memories.

To cut a long story short: the DVD arrived from Amazon, I watched it, it was shit.

I've got some old Tomorrow People books from that era and thought to myself ... hey, maybe I could make a few bucks on Ebay like everyone else seems to be doing. It was a cult series, right? Sci fi? There are bound to be some obsessive collectors out there. They could be worth 10 or 20 quid?

To cut a long story short: went to Ebay. Found Tomorrow People books there already. They were going for 1 pence wit no bids. I am shit.

My old Swap Shop books were going for just 99p. I thought people liked that kind of stuff? I thought it meant something? But no one was interested.

My childhood was a sham.

No comments: